Than Daung Gyi is located in northern Karen State, 27 miles (44 Km) east of Taungoo (1.5 hour driving). As it was about 4500 ft above sea level, it was built as a hill station since British time.
Than Daung Gyi is the city of Bwe Karen people and has a few colonial buildings and churches.
Naw Bu Baw prayer mountain is believed to be a holy place for Bwe Karen people. The summit of Naw Bu Baw mountain has breath-taking panoramic view of Karen hills.
New year hill which is next to Naw Bu Baw hill also has amazin view including Naw Bu Baw hill.
Since Than Daung Gyi is a highland place, coffee and tea are grown since British time and old tea-leaf factory is one of attractions.
- leave hotel around 8am. Drive To Than Daung Gyi (1.5 hour). Visit and enjoy scenic and panoramic view from Naw Bu Baw hill top.
- visit tea-leaf factory (optional)
- lunch at Than Daung Gyi. (lunch is not included)
- visit fruit garden yards on the way back and a short visit to hot spring. (optional, as it needs trekking around 45 min, one way.)
- afternoon break at Pathi creek.
- arrive back to hotel around 4/5pm.
On the way back, our clients can visit Pathi creek, which is a stream flowing through rocks. It's a nice picnicking spot and if you think of jumping into it, you should bring clothes to change after.